GRANT MISSION STATEMENT:
The Hell Canyon Farm Young Rider Grant is designed to assist riders who require financial support to pursue their goal of training for and/or competing in dressage. The Grant is available to riders from age thirteen through the year of their 21st birthday. Riders who have represented the United States on an international amateur team are ineligible. The Grant Committee will evaluate applications and award Grants. Grant riders are not required to compete. All grants are not required to be repaid.
- The application must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to 424 Los Pinos Road, Santa Fe NM 87507 by the deadline stated in your Invitation to Apply which you will receive by email.
- The application should be typed or written in neat, readable handwriting.
- Applicants should include a letter of recommendation from your trainer, coach or someone who is familiar with your riding aspirations. The letter should address your potential, pursuit of goals, and the individual’s relationship with the person writing the letter. These letters must accompany your application. No letters will be accepted individually from the grant applicant.
- You may include additional information, i.e., show/event results, newspaper or trade publication articles. The application must be emailed/delivered with all of the following included:
- Complete, readable Application Form
- Letters of recommendation (up to four individual letters)
- Additional support materials, if any
- Links to videos of you riding, if any, in dressage or other discipline or style
VERY IMPORTANT! Any application arriving after the due date and/or is incomplete upon receipt by Hell Canyon Farm will be ineligible and will be immediately returned to the applicant.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Individuals will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have documented legal status to reside in the U.S.
- Applicant and his/her family must be able to meet for an introduction “meet-and-greet” with a Committee member at a time and place agreed by everyone
- Applicant must have horse/horses available to them for the purpose of learning and developing horsemanship, rider skills and competition skills (a separate grant program is available to assist with a suitable donated horse for the applicant, if they are awarded this Grant)
- Applicant must be between 13 - 21 years of age
Any questions or requests for information:
Feel free to contact Maureen Mestas at 505.310.1050 or email email@example.com
Good Luck and Happy Riding!
© Maureen Mestas HCF 2009 Rev. 04/2013